Happy New Year from everyone here at BLC! We hope you've had a nice 2019 and may your dreams and desires become a reality in 2020.
We're very excited to get back to work after we took a break in December!
Here are a few things we've achieved since forming in March 2019:
- We've had +60 students take classes with us in the last ten months!
- We've hosted 18 courses so far!
- We've had 12 students complete the entire curriculum!
- We've started our first ever House Team, made up of students who completed the courses!
- We have four wonderfully talented teachers join our group!
- Our first batch of guest teachers came from the US to come teach with us! (Devin Bockrath and Alan Starzinski)
- Our monthly night The Double Dip has encouraged students and audiences to jump up and try longform improv on the stage!
We will use this list, not to merit ourselves, but instead encourage us to do even better for 2020.
We will work harder to maintain longform improv in Bristol, and to encourage new people to see the positives of learning and performing at an affordable price.
We hope we can work and contribute with other communities in Bristol and the UK, to help bring improv as an art-form to as many people as possible.
We will hopefully have more House Teams, more guest teachers from the world of improv joining us, and more importantly a greater diversity in students and teachers.
Bristol Longform Comedy is for the students, it always has been, it always will be.
See you in 2020!